The bullring of Granada is called “Real Maestranza de Caballerías”, and is also known as “Monumental de Frascuelo”.
The building is a construction based on plans by the architect Ángel Casas and built by the Granada master builder José Jiménez Callejas, “El Pajarero”, who managed to build it in just one year, in 1928.
The square is in the neo-Mudéjar style, with round and horseshoe arches and three storeys covered with ornate windows, latticework and an impressive large door. It is endowed with great originality and elegance.
The three floors (general seating, boxes and andanada) have a total capacity of 14,500 seats, which is only completely full during the Corpus Christi Fair. The Monumental de Granada is one of the 10 largest bullrings in Spain, with 9,000 square metres of floor space and an initial capacity of 12,000 seats.